Qigong is part of the ancient healing system of Chinese medicine. The term “qigong” is made up of the words “qi” meaning “vital energy,” and “gong” meaning “skill cultivated through steady practice.” Qigong is therefore about working with or mastering the energy of life. By consistently practicing the various forms of Qigong, which consist of gentle, easy, flowing movements you can regulate and harmonise your mind, body and spirit. This helps create a sense of peace, calm and relaxation for better health and wellbeing.
Qigong – nourishing vitality
Classes include warm ups, a selection of qigong forms and a short meditation.
- Qigong warm up
- Warm ups help prepare your mind and body for the qigong movements. These exercises physically loosen, lubricate and rotate the joints to stimulate qi and blood circulation
- Ba Duan Jin – Eight pieces of brocade
- This form consists of 8 gentle stretches that help unblock the meridians, or energy channels of your body. These movements aid in increasing strength and flexibility within your body.
- Taiji Qigong Shibashi
- These 18 simple movements were developed in the 1980’s to integrate the yang (dynamic) style tai chi chuan postures and ancient qigong movements to stimulate the flow of qi through the meridians of your body. The interaction of yin and yang helps bring harmony to your mind, body and breath and so calm your nervous system.
- Guigen Qigong – Restoring Natural Harmony
- This is a medical style of qigong that supports the restoration of natural harmony within your body. The six sections of Guigen Qigong each work with a different organ and meridian system of the body in Chinese Medicine.
- Liu He Gong – Six Unity Exercise
- Liu He refers to the six directions around you – upward, downward, north, south, east, and west. Doing this form helps you connect with the understanding that you are an integral part of the universe and therefore united with heaven and earth. The soft, gentle movements of Liu He Gong can help you achieve a fresh open mind and tranquil spirit.
Upcoming Qigong classes at Blackheath Fitness Centre – 2023
All Levels every Friday 4 pm – 5 pm
$20 per class casual or
$17.50 per class if you book for the whole month
Bookings essential – book online (use the group sessions tab) or contact Tania 0412 152 928
A large amount of research supports the psychological and physiological benefits of Qigong:
Tania has completed her Practitioner Training Level 2 with Qigong Master Simon Blow.